Foxrock, south Dublin, was served by the Harcourt St to Bray line, which was opened by the Dublin & Wicklow Railway in 1861 as their mainline to Wexford. Foxrock had quite a large station, which boasted three platforms, the third becoming known as the ‘racecourse’ platform, as it was adjacent to the well known Leopardstown Racecourse. A pathway led from this platform to the racecourse and the station was very busy on race days with many special trains. The Harcourt St line was rather short-sightedly closed in December 1958.
Although the original station was still intact in the mid 1990s, albeit derelict, it was demolished to make way for new housing estate which are occupies station site. Today, all that remains of the station is the former up platform and passenger gate entrance.