The Planning Application was lodged by Cornel Living Ltd with An Bord Pleanála on 7th December ’21.
Case is due to be decided by 06/04/2022
Case reference: TA06D.312132
A planning notice has been erected at the site beside AIB Cornelscourt.
Cornelscourt Build To Rent Apartments Opposed By Local Planners (Irish Times, April 2020)
Details of the site notice are below. Once we have more details we’ll share them.
Notice of Strategic Housing Development Application to An Bord Pleanála
Cornel Living Limited intend to apply to An Bord Pleanála for permission for a strategic housing development at this site at Old Bray Road, Comelscourt, Dublin 18.
The proposed development will consist of:
1. Construction of 419 no. Build to Rent (BTR) residential units comprising: 412 no. apartment units, consisting of 294 no. one-bed apartments, 111 no, two-bed apartments, and 7 no. three-bed apartment units.
arranged in 5 no. Blocks (Buildings A to E) which range in height from 4 no. storeys to 12 no. storeys over a basement/podium level.
7 no. three-bed, two storey, terraced houses. The proposed residential development will be for long-term rental and will remain owned and operated by an institutional entity for a minimum period of not less than 15 years.
2. Provision of internal communal residential amenities/facilities (totalling approximately 779sqm GFA) to include a concierge (Building A), a range of tenant amenity lounges (across ground and first floor levels Buildings A, B, D and E), a gym (lower ground level Building C) and
a single storey multipurpose pavilion building (approximately 88sqm GFA) within the communal courtyard between Buildings A and B.
3. Provision of a retail/café unit (approximately 264sqm GFA) at ground floor level of Block E. 4. Provision of a childcare facility (approximately 258sqm GFA) at ground floor level of Block D with capacity for in the order of 50-60 no. children.
5. Vehicular access to basement level will be via the existing vehicular access point from the Old Bray Road. A total of 237 no. car parking spaces (236 no. at basement level and 1 no. at ground level) together with 2 no. set down spaces and a loading bay, 819 no. bicycle parking spaces (664 no. at basement level and 155 no. at ground level), and 10 motorcycle spaces (all at basement level), are proposed. 6. Provision of an on-site foul drainage pumping station, located in the eastern corner of the site, which is to be integrated within a 2,150m³ underground balancing storage tank, together with all associated works.
7. Provision of a segregated pedestrian path along the N11, adjacent to the existing cycle lane, which facilitates pedestrian connection from the subject site to the N11/Old Bray Road junction. A cycle connection is also facilitated from the northern corner of the site to the existing cycle lane along the N11. In addition, the proposed development facilitates pedestrian and cycle links to Old Bray Road (Comelscourt
Village) to the south and a potential future pedestrian / cycle link to Willow Grove to the east.
8. All enabling and site development works, landscaping, boundary treatments, lighting, services and connections, waste management, ESB
substation, and all other ancillary works above and below ground on a site of approximately 2.15ha. An Environmental Impact Assessment Report (EIAR) and Natura Impact Statement (NIS) have been prepared in respect of the proposed development.
The application contains statement setting out how the proposal will be consistent with the objectives of the Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Development Plan 2016-2022 and the Draft Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Development Plan 2022-28 (which may be adopted at time of determining the application). The application contains a statement indicating why permission should be granted for the proposed development, having regard to a consideration specified in section 37 (2)(b) of the Planning and Development Act, 2000, as amended, notwithstanding that the proposed development materially contravenes a relevant development plan or local area plan other than in relation to the zoning of the land.
The application, together with an EIAR and NIS, may be inspected, or purchased at a fee not exceeding the reasonable cost of making a copy, during public opening hours at the offices of An Bord Pleanála and Dun Laoghaire Rathdown County Council.
The application may also be inspected online at the following website set up by the applicant: www.cornelscourtplanning2.ie.
Any person may, within the period of 5 weeks beginning on the date of receipt by An Bord Pleanála of the application and on payment of the prescribed fee of €20 (except for certain prescribed bodies), make a submission or observations in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1 or online at www.pleanala.ie, relating to the implications of the proposed development, if carried out, for proper planning and sustainable development in the area or areas concemned, and the likely effects on the environment or the likely effects on a European site, as the case may be, of the proposed development, if carried out. Submissions or observations duly made will be considered by An Bord Pleanála in making a decision on the application. Such submissions or observations must also include the following information:
(a) the name of the person, authority or body making the submission or observations, the name of the person, if any, acting on behalf of that person, authority or body, and the address to which any correspondence relating to the application should be sent, (b) the subject matter of the submission or observations, and
(c) the reasons, considerations and arguments on which the submission or observations is or are based.
An Bord Pleanála may grant permission for the strategic housing development as proposed, or may grant permission subject to such
modifications as it specifies in its decision, or may grant permission in part only, with or without any other modifications it may specify in its decision, or may refuse to grant permission for the proposed development. An Bord Pleanála may attach to a grant of permission such conditions as it considers appropriate.
Any enquiries relating to the application process should be directed to the Strategic Housing Development Section of An Bord Pleanála (Tel. 01-8588100).
(Agent: Declan Brassil & Co. Ltd., Lincoln House, Phoenix Street, Smithfield, Dublin 7)
Date of erection of site notice 7 December 2021